Monday, November 22, 2010

Quotable Quotes

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer;
a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman;
a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist."
Louis Nizer
.
"Life holds no promises as to what will come your way. You must search for your own ideals and work toward reaching them....If you are willing to take the opportunities you are given and utilize the abilities you have, you will constantly fill your life with special moments and unforgettable times."
Dena Dilaconi

Until the lion tells his story, you only hear the tales of the hunters.
African proverb

Art is not for the cultivated taste. It is to cultivate taste.
Nikki Giovanni
 
"Ideas must be put to the test. That's why we make things, otherwise they would be no more than ideas." Andy Goldsworthy
 
I tamed my personal art demon – the tendency to think about painting rather than actually painting – by throwing the stuff on the blank paper and telling myself I didn't care about the end result.
I believed it and was saved.
Rich Hawk

I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that.
Your mind must know it has to get down to work.
Pearl S. Buck

Process trumps plans. That's why our job is called "creative."
Robert Genn

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
Bob Dylan

Art is when you hear a knocking from your soul - and you answer.
Terri Guillemets

"Your art isn’t for everyone.
Once you understand this, you’ll have an easier time
finding the people who appreciate your work."
Alyson Stanfield
 
"I think finding your voice is making the implicit explicit.
It is making what you already know on a subconscious level
conscious and repeatable."
Jessie Carty

"I tamed my personal art demon
 – the tendency to think about painting rather than actually painting –
by throwing the stuff on the blank paper and telling myself
I didn't care about the end result. I believed it and was saved."
Rich Hawk

"With age, art and life become one."
Georges Braque

"Never be afraid to do something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic".
Anonymous


No comments: